Review expenses along with the attached receipts using the Expense Receipts report. Run the report to verify your team’s spending and further analyze the expenditures per employee, project, customer and more.
A few reasons to use this report:
- Reconcile Expense Details alongside with the Expense Receipt
- Export a list of all expenses with their receipts, filtered by invoice number, to attach as supporting documents for a particular invoice. This report may be attached to the invoice as a PDF or Excel file.
- Identify Expenses with missing Receipts
- Export this report to serve as a backup for your expense receipts.
- Use as supporting document for tax filing at year end.
The report offers a number of filters and fields that can be used to create a customized report view.
The following pre-defined date range options are available:
- This week
- This month
- Last Week (selected by default)
- Last Month
- Last 30 Days
- Last 60 Days
- Last 90 Days
- Year To Date
- Last Year
- All Time
- Custom Date Range (allows you to choose a custom date range in the next parameter)
Start Date & End Date:
Enter a custom date range to run the report for.
Customer: Select the customer(s) you want to run the report for. You can select one or more customers as needed.
Projects: Select the project(s) you want to run the report for. You can select one or more projects as needed. You can only choose a project after one or more customers have been chosen.
Expense Category: Filter expenses based on categories they are tracked on. This is very useful if you only need expenses for certain categories (e.g. Travel, Entertainment, Meals etc)
Users: Choose specific users you want to run the report for.
Expense Chargeable Status: Filter expenses by their chargeable status. The options include Invoiced, Not Chargeable, Uninvoiced
Expense Approval Status: Filter expenses by their Approval status. Options include Draft, Verified, Pending Approval, Approved, Automatically Approved, Rejected
Invoice Number: Filter the expenses based on the invoice they were added to. You can use the Invoice number to filter for one or more invoices.
Group/Trip name: Filter the expenses by specific group/trip names
- Expense Category
- Tax Amount
- Invoice Number
- Group/Trip Name
- Merchant Name
- Merchant Tax Number
You can add up to 7 fields on this report.
Display amounts: Chose the currency to display expense and tax amounts in
- Expense Currency – Expense amount in the currency it was was incurred
- Customer Currency – Expense amount in Customer Currency.
- Base Currency – Expense amount in account Currency.
Click here to view the logic behind the conversion of Expense Amounts into Base and Customer Currencies.
Hide Parameters: Hide the parameters used to run the report at the top. Select this option if you will like the exported report to hide the parameter values used to run the report.
We hope this guide was useful. Need further help with the Expense Receipts report? Please contact our support team via chat or email.