Yes, Avaza allows you to add your own Task Statuses instead of using the default Not Started, In Progress and Complete statuses.
Initially your account starts with one Task Type called “Task” created with three statuses “Not Started”, “In Progress”, “Complete” that reflect a basic status lifecycle.
However, your account Administrator can create new Task Types and configure custom task statuses to suit your business by navigating to Settings > Project Management Settings page.
To configure the task statuses for any task type, simply click on the task type name. Here, you can configure a status workflow for the desired task type.
Each Status record has a Name, Code, Color, Allowed Destination Statuses, Complete flag and Display order.
- Name is the value that is displayed in the app and reports.
- Code is the internal name for the task status that you don’t change, for use by developers making API calls.
- Color is used to visually identify the status of the task. We suggest selecting a distinctly separate color for each status to easily distinguish between them.
- Allowed Destination Statuses can be optionally used to enforce a workflow sequence for statuses based on currently assigned status. Leave this field blank if you don’t want to enforce any restrictions.
- Is a Complete state should be checked for statuses whose tasks are considered Complete. Tasks linked to a complete state are filtered from some views by default.
- Display order is used to order the list of statuses as they appear in dropdowns & grouped Screens/Reports
Each status belongs to one of the three following stages.
- Not Started – there is only one predefined status in this stage called Not Started. You can edit the Name, Color & Allowed Destination Statuses for this status.
- In Progress – statuses where “Is Complete” checkbox is not checked are part of In Progress stage.
- Complete – statuses where “Is Complete” checkbox is checked are part of Complete stage.
Custom Task Status Inspiration
We leave you with a few examples of Task Types and associated statuses to get you thinking.
|Marketing Content||Lightbulb||Idea, Copy, Editing, Pending Approval, Published|
|Advertising||Video Plus||Research, Content, Running, Reporting, Done|
|Development||Code||Design, Develop, Test, Deploy, Done|
|Sales||Dollar||Contacted, Meeting Arranged, Demo Done, Won, Lost, Contact Later|
Learn more in our guide to task management.
Questions or feedback? Chat with us or email at email@example.com